Technically, yesterday was New Years Day. We had a really weird day though! Our fight was super delayed getting back to New York, and we didn't end up leaving Utah until about 2:45, which got us home around 10am! As you can imagine, we hadn't gotten much real sleep, so when we got home we went to bed. We also came home to no water! A pipe froze and our whole building has been out of water for two days now. Haha, definitely an interesting experience! Anyway, the wacky sleep schedule left me lying wide awake last night. I have had my goals on my mind for while. I have a lot of things I want to work on this year, but didn't want to overwhelm myself with having too many goals. I broke them up into catergories, so hopefully they will be less intimidating!! 2017 was a pretty hard year for me, and I'm really excited about 2018! Even if there are going to be bumps in the road, I feel like I'm more equipped to handle them. Mentally, I'm feeling so much better than I did a few months ago and I am so so so grateful for that. So, dispite all the bad, I am grateful for 2017. I learned a lot this year, and I'm excited to take all my new knowledge and experiences and concour 2018!
My 2018 personal goals
1. Stop spending time watching other people live their lives, and just live YOURS! I want to spend so much less time on social media. Unfortunately, I have to use social media for work. If I didn't, I'd do a year without it! It's such a time waster, and really, I thinks it can be really unhealthy. The amount of time we spend watching other people living there lives is pretty wild. Even if they are our close friends and family. I want to spend that time on my own life. I think this can play into so much more, and I'm excited to really work on this!
2. Speak kindly to yourself, inward and outward! (In your head, and with your words!) I tend to be really hard on myself. I would say it's the one thing that bothers brady the most, is when I am down on myself. I don't like when other people do it, so I don't know why I let meself! I really do believe that the things we say, manifest in ourselves. This year I am going to be much more conscious of it and really turn it around!
3. Read! I LOVE to read, but often find myself with no time left for it. All because I wasted that time elsewhere. I want to watch less video (Netflix, YouTube, Instagram...) and listen to more audio books/podcasts, when I can't be sitting down to read!
4. I've deemed this year the Year of Whit. Find that inner peace and happiness. By eating good foods for my body, getting exercise, and meditating!
5. Spend time each week maintaining your friendships. I can be so bad at this. I have so many wonderful friends and family members that I think about regularly but don't take the time to really nourish those relationships. My friend Amy is one of the best examples of this to me and she makes me want to be better!! Relationships can last a lifetime if you nourish them ❤️
In a nutshell, my goal this year is to really step away from the media world that's shoved in our faces 24/7. I want to live a much more present life. Overall, if I can get through 2018 with a posotive ourlook, and a smile on my face, I'm happy. This year I'm making a lot of changes and I'm so excited for that. I did make business goals, spiritual/church goals, and relationship goals but I think I'll keep those private.
Here's to 2018! The best is yet to come. ❤️